Wednesday 9 May 2018

‘when did it arrive?’ I said - 100wc


‘when did it arrive?’ I said
Ava go get the mail I shout down the hallway at my little sister. She she got off the couch and
trudged out the front door giving me a icy stare as if to say I’m telling mum. She walks grumpily
back in holding some envelopes and junk mail despite the no junk mail sign. Anything for me I
ask, nope Ava says to her 16 year old big sister Isla with a mischievous yet almost unnoticeable
look on her face. I shrug and forget about it thinking it was just her being grumpy with me nothing to
worry about, anyway what harm would a little sister do to you anyway. Weeks went passed and I forgot
about it.


But a few weeks later a see an envelope addressed. Flipping is over I see that I had won tickets
to Bruno Mars but hadn’t noticed or been told ”when did it arrive?’ I said shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

100 wc - 29/11

… we seemed to be on the television… My heart raced and I had to stop myself nervously drumming my fingers on my legs. It wasn’t our fault ...