Tuesday 20 March 2018

But how she get up there

Gripping so tight my fingers went white. I edged my way over to the dangling rope. One step at a
time. My feet slip and I grasp the pole hurriedly. Nervously I look down and am instantly reminded
of the fact that I'm 200m high. My sweaty toes curl over the edge trying to get as much grip as
possible.


The rope swings in reach and my clammy hands clench the rope tight. Breaths come sharp as the
rope I’m grasping gets lowed to the ground.


My feet touch the ground and relief rushes through me. “But how she get up there?” Murmurs a little
Boy, “Is she superwoman?”

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea, Anna. Awesome choice of verbs.
    Where so you think you could have used question marks?
    The integration of speech adds to your text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH opps I'll add those in.

    ReplyDelete

100 wc - 29/11

… we seemed to be on the television… My heart raced and I had to stop myself nervously drumming my fingers on my legs. It wasn’t our fault ...